Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11 The world order aftermath

The world knows what happened on September 11, 2001, writing about that incident is like bringing the suffering back.

My heartiest condolences to the families of people who died in the incident, my heartiest condolences also to the people who are suffering or enduring the aftermath of 9/11. 9/11 has defined a new world order, a new order of inequality and hatred. Powerful nations now think of preemptive strikes on any nation that they think may pose danger to its national integrity. They amass weapons of mass destruction saying they need them to protect their people while on the other hand they impose sanctions on lesser countries who do the same.

I got one question to be answered, why does the world need Nuclear Weapons ? Does Nuclear Weapons ensure peaceful life to the nations who posses them ? Let me put it this way, USA has weapons of mass destruction so advanced that they could annihilate the Galaxy, but did this drop the crime rate in USA ? Do Americans feel safe ? On the other hand, the same weapons that America posses to safeguard the lives of its people have been used in Afghanistan, Iraq and many other countries killing millions of people, destroying civilizations that have existed for 1000s of years! Now you get the idea what weapons do. Weapons are for destruction, they don't ensure safety they just obliterate life.

America wages war on terrorism telling people that the war will free them bringing democracy to their nations. Let me tell you how much America loves democracy. Imaging democracy in Saudi Arabia, there is parliament, people vote to choose their leaders. Now in a democratic country, for America to setup a military base, it requires to get a nod from the parliament of that country. Any one who has lived in a democracy know it very well what it takes to get a nod of the parliament. America has to convince an entire nation for everything it wishes to do in a democratic nation. On the other hand, if its a Monarchy, all America needs to do to convince a Monarchical Prince is to invite him for luxurious vacations in Vegas and send in some Playmates for fellatio. Mark my words America will never bring democracy to the nations it has promised to do so. You count for yourself, how many people terrorists have killed and how many have been killed by the nations who fight terrorism!

The world is in chaos with all the suffering of innocent people but trust me while everything can't be undone we can sure make a big difference if we clean our hearts of hatred and fill it with compassion and love for humanity.I have nothing more to say on this day than to pray to god to bless its people with wisdom, love and compassion. I remember this line from the movie Blood Diamond when Danny Archer ( Leonardo DiCaprio ) in a deep pain says to Maddy Bowen ( Jennifer Connelly ) : "Sometimes I wonder will God ever forgive us for what we've done to each other ?Then I look around and realize.... God left this place a long time ago." My tributes to the fallen souls of 9/11 tragedy.

P.S: I have repeatedly mentioned USA, this was just for illustration of a scenario. Monarchical Prince doesn't specifically mean Saudi Prince, although I think Saudi Leaders suck.

Lastly I love peace and I love America.. well more than my country, I bet. Ask my friends :-)

No comments: