Sunday, August 10, 2008

"HDA audio bus driver is required and not found". Dell Optiplex 745 PCI DEVICE / SoundMAX problem

When trying to install "Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio" drivers for my Dell Optiplex 745, I ran into an issue where the installation stops after giving an error message "HDA audio bus driver is required and not found".

There were not many articles on how to fix this issue. Finally, I came up with two simple steps to fix this issue.
  • The issue can be resolved by applying the HP patch SP33867. You can download the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus driver for High Definition Audio from here. If you have any issues with the first link, you can also download from here.

  • Download the "Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio Drivers" from http://support.dell.com/. Direct link for this driver is here.

Please post in your comments, suggestions and questions. I'll try to respond promptly.

9 comments:

Kournikova Bug said...

One of my friends brought his Spanish laptop, I mean the one purchased from Spain with some weird keys. The problem, well, its shipped with Vista Home Premium, in Spanish. He wanted me to do one simple thing : Change the default language from Spnish to English.
As it turns out the solution is not easy, the only one I could found is ' Upgrade to Vista Ultimate' :-(
The guy wanted me to strip down Vista and install everyone's favorite XP Pro and I obliged. After a long Googling I managed to find all its drivers but HD audio doesn't work despite installing its drivers.
Lets see if your solution helps

Delafurie said...

It didn't work for me. I ran both patches and I'm still coming up with the same error: HDA audio bus driver is required and not found.
I ran the first patch, and then the second - the error came up when trying to run the 2nd one.
I'm working in Win XP SP2 on a Dell Optiplex 755.

Asmatullah Kohistani said...

Didn't work for me too I am working on Microsoft XP Service Pack 3 and HP Notebook NC6400.

FCLTech said...

This error can be caused by a BIOS option. Check your BIOS for any audio options and be sure that they are set to "on" or "enabled". It is also good practice to have the latest revision of your BIOS so check your manufacturers website for updates. After enabling the audio options in your BIOS, try installing the audio drivers once more.

Drivers Download said...

I successful installed HDA audo bus driver on my dell laptop with hassle free from the following site

Dell Inspiron mini Drivers

Anonymous said...

As said by "FCLTech said..." have checked the bios and enable the integrated audio and restart the system. installed audio drivers and its working now. Thanks. Bhavin

amjad said...

Its the authentic problem from Dell Optiplex 745 BIOS. Restart your PC and press F2 for setup. In setup open On board Devices then come on integrated audio. Surly it will be off.
Press enter to change it on then press Esc button then save/exit.
WaaaaaAooo...... its Done

Anonymous said...

This is BIOS issue, make sure your Integration Audio on BIOS is enable, then try to install the Drivers. This should resolve the problem

Ali said...

yes this is bios issue flowers bios is enable